Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mrs. Husseini

Mrs. Husseini was our physical education teacher, when I was in guidance school and later on in high school. Mrs. Husseini went through an accident when I was on third grade of guidance school. I remember she was in coma for several weeks and finally she recovered. But she lost the movement in her legs.

Mrs. Husseini came back to school in a wheelchair. She was still our physical education teacher. She taught us to warm up and how to play ping pong in a wheel chair. She played ping pong with us. Our School principal, Mrs. Haerizadeh insisted that she comes back to work, that she specially teaches physical education. She said, “That is the biggest lesson that girls can learn from her.”

Later on in my life, there were several moments, not the easy ones, that I pictured her in my mind. She playing ping pong, and the fact that she later expected a second child. Her husband that devotedly gave her rides to and from school. And I always felt stronger.

Today, I saw a photo of her in our school reunion back home.

No comments: