Friday, May 23, 2008

Fran

Her name is Fran. Seventy year old. A very good friend of mine. She has been a well known marketer and project hunter for architectural companies throughout the State.
We go out after work sometimes and she tells me I remind her of when she was young. How she used to run in San Francisco streets with high heels and would leave her heels in Downtown streets holes. She still has the shine in her eyes. Never been married.
Today she tells me about the fiance she lost in Vietnam War. "He was a pilot but he never got back!" And the sparkle in her eyes gets doubled. But she doesn't cry. "I went wild after him. And could not commit. Did crazy things. Did drunk driving. Did para shooting. It didn't kill me, I don't know why. Friends keep telling me, "How could you live this long?"...


PS._ There is something between me and older women. There has always been.

No comments: