Monday, February 26, 2007

February 26th.

This morning I woke up with mom's phone ring! Saying Happy Birthday, Her voice is still young and so comforting! She was exactly my age then when she first had me! Her voice is kind and calm, just like she is in peace with all the world, My dad used to say, your girls haven't got your patience! ...which is true! But you know what, I'm becoming more and more like her as it goes!
Today is the youngest day of the rest of my life, my aunt said! I go to work, there is a deadline approaching us closely, So I just concentrate on designing the facade for these downtown lofts. It's just a normal day, I peek through my orkut and email accounts hiddenly to check out my birthday messages.
On my way back home I stop by at Trader Joe's, buy a bunch of gorgeous deep orange flowers together with an Orchid and of course a really good bottle of Shiraz, Drive back home, put my livening flowers in vase, open my bottle and walk with my glass of red wine in one hand and phone on the other answering birthday calls and checking out birthday messages from all across the globe....

Last year I wanted to get rid of some weight, I did. Wished to exercise regularly, I did. (last time in yoga I was on the bridge pose, I slowly opened my eyes, I and the instructor were the only people there making it!) I wanted to change my job, I did....
Next year I'm moving to somewhere else..............


PS._ "I'm like a bird, I only fly away, I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is!....", my favorite song these days By Nelly Furtado.

2 comments:

Mitra said...

My dear Helaleh,

Thanks for sending me the link to you weblog. I just finished reading it (from the initial date all the way to your last entry). It was like getting to know you again.

Good luck with your new resolution... keep Australia amongst your options :-).

Sindbad the Sailor... said...

She was exactly my age then when she first had me!

This was so touching.

Just came across ur blog, i'm not among ur frnds!